Faith No More: Niggas in Paris

Faith No More have always been fans of the within-song-cover and have added Niggas in Paris, originally by Jay-Z and Kanye West, to their repertoire for their 2012 European tour.

The cover  has now become a staple within Why Do You Bother?, which has been playe 5 times on the current tour.

Here is a standalone clip of Niggas in Paris (I’m presuming this is from Hammersmith but am open to correction):

Here is the song within Why Do You Bother? from Hammersmith (good quality audio):

And the same song combo from Poznan:

Oh, and here’s the original for those – like me – who didn’t know it when they heard it being covered:

This entry was posted in Faith No More, News and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Faith No More: Niggas in Paris

^ I love this :)… Didn’t think I would, but yes: big, loud, crunchy, and even kind of sexy. I cringed a bit when I first saw what they were covering but Patton has definitely mastered that flow that JayZ is famous for, and the cover fits perfectly. It’s my favorite video to watch from this leg of the tour so far.

2. Meatpan says:

The first clip is from Volt Festival. I made it yesterday from the existing video of WDYB on YouTube. I couldn’t find a stand alone version of “Niggas” so I made one myself :)

3. admin says:

Cheers mate – thanks for making

4. Sonny B says:

Ugh, can’t stand that crap music. This isn’t one of those fool around with covers, Patton’s actually a fan of those overrated clowns, or at least one of them. Oh well.

5. Pingback: Watch: Faith No More Cover Jay-Z and Kanye West’s “Niggas in Paris” | mxdwn.com News

6. Jeff says:

Patton really thinks he’s a crowd working rapper these days! Ha!

7. Pingback: Faith No More Cover ‘Ni**as in Paris’ | Soundabble

8. BIGROB80305 says:

FNM-Mike Patton has more talent than glorified karaoke nursery rhymers Kanye West and crappy Jay Z combined! I have every Mr.Bungle-FNM-Tomahawk- and Peeping Tom cd, and Mike’s Mondo Cane is amazing, but if there’s 2 people I really despise for having no talent and taking themselves seriously as real artist it’s Kanye and Jay Z! Mike can sing, rap, beatbox and do it all, hopefully Mike doesn’t work or do anything with those jerk off! Now the FNM cover of (Reunited)-Peaches and Herb was better than those sorry Karaoke niggas cover!

9. MrZombieEater says:

It was so awesome when I heard it in Sopron. I couldn’t believe it, it was like my two favorite things united into one perfect thing. I think I might have been the only one who screamed the lyrics with Mike :D