Sonisphere confirm Knebworth cancellation

Sonisphere
have confirmed that the UK leg of the touring festival, which was to have featured Faith No More as headliners, has been cancelled.

A statement on the Sonisphere site read: “It is with very heavy hearts and much regret that we announce the cancellation of Sonisphere Knebworth 2012.

“Putting the festival together in what is proving to be a very challenging year was more difficult than we anticipated and we have spent the last few months fighting hard to keep Sonisphere in the calendar. Unfortunately circumstances have dictated that we would be unable to run the festival to a standard that both the artists and that Sonisphere’s audience would rightly expect.

“We want to express our deepest regrets to the artists and to thank all the staff, suppliers and contractors who worked so hard with us to try and pull off what has proven to be an impossible task and we know how much they share in our disappointment. We also want to send a huge thanks to the Sonisphere fans who stuck by us and we are so sorry that we can’t fulfil what we set out to do.
“Ticket holders will automatically receive a full refund direct from their ticket agents.”
Team Sonisphere.

This entry was posted in Faith No More, News and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

127 Responses to Sonisphere confirm Knebworth cancellation

1. Miss Nessie says:

I’m still waiting for the french runners’ answer.

2. Sam says:

Rubbish. Is there a possibility of a replacement UK date for FNM?

3. Ben says:

Fuck me. The FNM show was a prime candidate for highlight of the year. If Sonisphere’s hearts are heavy, mine just fell out through my arsehole.

4. kellienomore says:

I’ve started a group on Facebook to try and get them to the UK regardless of this shitty news! Please join it and spread the word https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/198495506931364/?notif_t=group_r2j

5. Ben10 says:

Now, this could be a good thing. We all know FNM will be in Europe because of their appearance in France. U really think they would come over for one show and then fly back home? Nah, they’re more than likely to do a UK show nevertheless. Unless france is cancelled, then we’re fucked :) FNM was the only band I was looking forward to see at knebworth anyway so I’m not that bummed out about this… No offense to the fans of the festival.

6. Ben10 says:

Uhm, by a good thing of course I mean chances are bigger now they will do a solo show. Sorry for being vague :)

7. Jeff says:

Wow?!?!!?!? Promote it, set it up and cancel it? What a bunch fucksticks… I wasn’t going. I feel sorry for those who were.

8. lastoknow says:

Wellllll, I cant quite believe my shitty luck. This was, so far over the past couple of years, the first opportunity I had to see FNM, I covinced my partner, got tickets, booked a room, we were both looking forward to it and good to go. So bummed.

However, I wasnt interested in anyone else at the festival and really, really deep down wished I could be seeing them in an exclusive show with all REAL fans. I was worried about being in a mixed crowd where some people may have been indifferent to the band.

So my fingers are crossed for another UK date and kellienomore I shall be visiting your Facebook site!

I read on twitter a couple of days ago that several “solo shows” were being booked in Europe. How true these rumors are…I guess well see. My opinion…that recent interview with Billy and Puffy about how epic came about seems very recent. New album in the next 2 months for sure!!!!!! My prediction.

10. Would be nice if you were right, it’s definitely a recent interview but could just has easily been in a rehearsal space than a recording studio. Not to be a downer but I just personally don’t want to get my hopes up for a new album until it’s actually in my hands.

11. Sonny Bungle says:

Eh, FNM have toured europe enough already (no offense to those who were expecting to see them)… I just wish someone could convince them to tour the US instead. Or you know, a new Fantomas album– along with tour dates– wouldn’t hurt either. Oh I’m asking for too much.

12. DreamQueefer says:

Can’t stand festivals to be honest. Definitely getting old :) I really hope they return to Dublin this year, missed them the last time and trust me, I’m still getting annoyed by my friends for missing it. I was in Poland eating Gołąbki with my inlaws. Although nice and all that, I reckon FNM in a small venue of about 800 people should have been my priority.

13. Ben10 says:

I guess a lot of people are getting fed up with festivals. 5 years ago we had festivals at every street corner, now they r being canceled all over. Worry not my friends there will be more shows. How can it not be!

14. V.Toda says:

3 nights at Brixton Academy perhaps or is that just wishful thinking…?

15. DreamQueefer says:

Thats an amazing pic 3d-alex. Jesus they looked totally cliché for the time. Brilliant stuff, cheers for that!

16. Ti-Mort says:

Rumor has it they are going to play Portugal…..again. All these European dates are getting tiring. Where are the North American shows? Come on guys….just a little love.

17. shakey says:

Reading Billys’ Twitter comment about the cancellation I am guessing they have some other things cooking.

Boo f**king Hoo UK!!!!! You’ve had Brixton, Reading AND Leeds and Download….suck it up…..

19. iiti says:

according to Billy (see his twitter), they are brainstorming over it… so I guess there is a good chance to see FNM somewhere around Europe this summer. keep fingers crossed! :)

20. mavant_garde says:

@TiMort …. Edinburgh as well!! ;)

Their biggest fan base apart from Chile is probably the UK so it is what it is, maybe if Americans had better taste in music they would play more over there!

21. Lazar says:

Just heard the news that they are scheduled to play at a festival in Belgrade, Serbia on June 29.
    It’s otherwise a credible site for news, hope this doesn’t turn out to be bullshit. It’s in Serbian, though.

22. Sophie says:

Festivals in Hungary and Romania yet to be confirmed as well, but I’ve just been informed on Facebook that the Hungary show is now confirmed, so got to find out that date. FNM are playing Belgrade on Sunday June 29th. Details: http://www.belgradecalling.com
    I wish that the Sonisphere promoter had just come clean and admitted that not enough tickets had sold. In this week’s issue of Kerrang! they have admitted that apparently only 12,000 weekend tickets had sold out of the 70,000 available, which is pretty shit. No wonder it got scrapped.

23. Sophie says:

They will perform at the VOLT FESTIVAL in Budapest the same weekend they’re in Belgrade. Details here: http://www.terapija.net/english.asp?ID=13767

24. Ben10 says:

So three festival dates as of yet…. Now, announce the solo dates between June 30th to July 7th!! :)

25. Bobby B Better says:

Admin, is there a way to view and post comments on the i-phone app? I can’t find it anywhere.

26. iiti says:

I just can’t believe it… just can’t believe it…

FNM COMES TO MOTHER-FUCKIN’-HUN-GA-RY!!!!

VOLT Festival, here I come!!! The best day of my life…

27. Jeff says:

I keep turning up here hoping one day that a new album will be announced along with a US tour.

28. Mariuca says:

Romania, PLEEEEEEEASE Romania!!! :((

Mavant_Garde – I agree….American audiences are like zombies……no life, no energy…..sad really. Luckily I’m not American.

Admin – I sincerely hope you get better soon. Sorry to hear that you are having some health issues. Wanted you to know I’m thinking of you and sending FANTASTIC vibes your way!!!! Take care of yourself.

30. DreamQueefer says:

Yeah man, your absence is a worry :(

31. Brownstien says:

@T-mort I’m glad you aren’t an American either

I have mixed feelings on this one…I’m an American, have been to some concerts where the crowd is kick ass and some where I’m looking around at everyone and wondering what is wrong with them. But I’ve seen Bungle in Australia and that crowd was half asleep compared to one of the American shows I went to. The FNM crowd in the first Brooklyn show was pretty good (up front anyway), I didn’t come all the way from Virginia to just bob my head. I honestly think it’s safe to say that the pussies are everywhere and growing in numbers…or real music fans are just dying out or getting older.

Benrun – Agreed…..I have been to alot of shows where the crowd was standing around looking at each other and then at their watch. I don’t get it myself…cause if I’m going to any show I am going to give that band 150% of my energy. It certainly isn’t just American audiences at all….

35. grant says:

@benrun Well said….and you and I did something similar: I came up from DC for one of the Brooklyn gigs. We followed a similar path. I would do that drive again 100 times for that show…

Grant, that drive was easy…I flew from Florida to Houston to L.A. to Sydney to see Bungle back in 2000! (that was my first time on a plane besides sky diving…I think all that sitting broke my ass!).

37. V.Toda says:

Hey Ti Mort

‘Apparently…FNM to plat Russian Festival……where they will release a new album upon the world!!!!!!!!’

Huh…?!

V.Toda…..just being hopeful……I know less than nothing.

Crazy…..
    Sonisphere July 7th – France
    Malta Festival July 4th – Poland
    Stadium Live July 2nd – Russia
    Creation of Peace Festival June 30th – Russia
    Volt Festival June 28th – Hungary
    Belgrade Calling Festival June 29th – Serbia

AND COUNTING………

40. V.Toda says:

A lot of the Sonisphere acts have announced UK shows in July. This includes ‘Queen’, Manson and Incubus. Lets hope that FNM’s brainstorm sees them joining the list soon.

41. renaud says:

Hey Adrian, 16 days since you published this post, and as time goes by, I’m worrying more about your health than about FNM wherabouts (which I care A LOT about) . Please just drop us a line. Hope you’ll get well soon, thanks once more for everything.

42. 3d-alex says:

Adrian, I am sending positive vibes your way! Hope you’re feeling better.

Get well soon Adrian…and yes, we’re all pretty freaked out!

By the way everyone…”Introduce Yourself” (my favorite album) turns 25 years old this month!

So…happy birthday “Introduce Yourself”, but also happy birthday Jon Hudson! Thanks FNM blog guy!

I hope to hear more original stuff from Hudson…loved his contributions to the band!

45. Ricardo says:

I hope everything’s ok with the admin.

46. Agata says:

Admin please just drop us a line.

47. Matthius23 says:

Good news coming this Friday.