Links for a day…(vol. 85)

• Pogo at Patton Archivo has the scoop on the new Mike Patton track Catch My Heart, in which the Faith No More vocalist provides vocals for German band Bohren & Der Club of Gore on a track from their new album Beileid. The album is released on 22 April and the track is a cover of the 1985 track by German metal outfit Warlock.
    Listen here.
    And new YouTube version below

Flickr Photo set
  • Mike also of course performed at the John Zorn-curated Japan benefit concert in New York on Sunday night. Here is the New York Times take on the event and Una Sigaretta below.
  • Time running out on the Faith No More signed poster auction. Highest bid still stands at a bargain $610.
  • A slightly different take on Midlife Crisis. One of my favourite versions of the song. (Thanks Mark)
This entry was posted in Faith No More, Links for a day and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Links for a day…(vol. 85)

Yep! Definitely the best Midlife Crisis cover version out there!

2. lastoknow says:

I like it…a lot. I wish we could hear something like this out there in the mainstream music media, you know to give the young things of today a bit of a taste of FNM.

3. Jones says:

holy shit mike patton i love you.

Well, not really… but that Bohren cover is some fire.

Midlife Crisis cover just didn’t do it for me. Probably would have seemed better if I were a guy :)

5. alien_visionary says:

Glad you liked the cover admin…. I thought she put her own little vocal touch on it. Much more than I can say for that turd, David Draiman.

Should’ve held my comment till after I checked out the Warlock cover….

Agreed, Jones, it’s absolutely amazing. Granted I haven’t heard Patton’s entire catalog, but I’ve never heard him sound like *that*. So raw it makes me slightly uncomfortable. Almost makes Mondo Cane and Lovage sound like karaoke (to me, at least).

7. admin says:

Cheers for bringing it to my attention.

8. Jones says:

Just checked out that cover… it is Not Good.

9. whatta ya mean it would have sounded better if it was a
    guy. (just kidding) lol Thanks for all the positive feed back on my
    “Midlife Crisis” cover.(it was done in me room) There is also a
    studio version of the “Midlife Crisis” song on my myspace
    http://www.crystalsunshinemusic.com (much better then my room
    version..lol)it will be on my second album. it’s no Mike Patton but
    “Faith No More ” is and will always be my Favorite band. Word !
    Much Love -Crystal Sunshine

Hey Crystal, nothing wrong with paying homage to a band you respect. Patton does it all of the time. In fact, this Warlock cover strongly reminds me of Leonard Cohen :), though I’m not sure if it was intentional.

Anyway re. the New York benefit… I hate making predictions but if any MP fans missed that show or the Masada marathon ~ I have a real big hunch Patton will be at the 4/6 show as well.

In fact (if I may be so bold in my predictiveness) I wouldn’t be surprised if he did a duet with Norah Jones… if that’s the case, that would be legendary…!

Oops, Zorn’s next benefit shows are actually April 8th and 9th, not the 6th. So much for my fortunetelling skills :P

12. Crystal Sunshine says:

yeah but… when Patton does a cover it just kicks ass! lol
    but when Crystal Sunshine does a odd jazz cover of Midlife Crisis…well I’m surprised anyone likes it! LOL
    Hell, Mike Patton can make a fart sound good. ;-)

13. Pattonfan72 says:

I love the midlife crisis cover by a girl! Fucking amazing to me! WOW! reminds me of when Tori Amos covered “Smells Like Teen Spirit”