Faith No More to play Spain in July

The reunion goes on.  Faith No More will return to Europe in July 2010 when they play the Sonisphere festival in Getafe, Spain (13km south of Madrid). The festival is scheduled for 9 and 10 July and joining FNM will be Rammstein, Megadeth, Alice in Chains, Slayer and many more. No day by day breakdown as yet but tickets will go on sale on 8 March.

There is a string of Sonisphere dates across Europe this summer, many with Metallica headlining. Comparing to the lineup of the Switzerland Sonisphere I’m going to in June, FNM and Rammstein are effectively replacing Metallica.

(Thanks to tbeest for info)

This entry was posted in Tour dates and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Faith No More to play Spain in July

1. Pingback: Faith No More to play Sonisphere festival, Getafe, Spain | stubbadub

2. Emilia says:

What a relief ! jupiiiiiii:) thank you! It will be another HOT summer:)

3. Nick says:

Damn….Im starting to become very frustrated with no announcement of at least a NYC show.

4. Whit says:

I wonder if this fest will sell out. I may be able to make it to Spain in July….that would be badass.

5. Jimbo says:

Great to see new european dates ! (and for US non-californian people, keep hoping… who knows ?)

But what then ? Two consecutive summers of festivals without any new material may sound a little weird ? Bring a new album out !

6. Joneseses says:

We shouldn’t have to rely on hope. I feel like an utter dumbass for saving up my money for something that doesn’t look like it will happen. :-( I really, really would love to see them… but if the only way I can is if I spend every penny I have on traveling to Europe, I think I’d rather not.

7. Jawshco says:

Jones- you could always go to Cochella. At least that’s US.

8. John says:

Hoping to confirm also in Bilbao the next day after Madrid to the BBK Live Festival, it would awesome a same festival with Faith No More, Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains!!!!!

9. John says:

Hoping to watch you in BBK Live Festival too, it fits the days and it would be awesome a festival with Faith No More, Rammstein, Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam !!!!!

10. Joneseses says:

That’s true. I would, but I live so far from California, and I have about… $500 saved up. The ticket to Cali itself would cost that much. :( But I’m gonna remain hopeful. It’s all I can do!

11. Nick says:

I’m with u Jones! Can’t bear it anymore but hopefully one day soon we will hear some good news

12. Just A Man says:

WARFIELD WARFIELD WARFIELD

13. alien_visionary says:

I can’t believe the NY brethren are trippin’ on this.
    Guys, they are DEFINITELY going to hit NYC.

14. Joneseses says:

I’ll believe it when I see it, maaaaaang.

15. Just A Man says:

Rammstein is still around?

16. woooohooo !! Viva España !!
    The gig will take place in the subrubs of Madrid !! Wow, I need to improve my spanish LOL !!! I hope I could get a tix as easily as I did for Rock en Seine ? No news for a french venue… ?

17. Agata says:

I almost cried when I read this. Hoping for single gigs :)