Faith No More at Soundwave Brisbane set list and video updated

First reports are filtering in from Faith No More’s opening Soundwave gig in Brisbane. Apparently, Mike P got what Aussies refer to as his “dangle” out and the band played a cover of Sparks’ This Town Ain’t Big Enough for Both of Us.

Roddy tweeted: RODDYBOTTUM: hey brisbane, thanks for the evening. did you like the sparks song? we hadn’t done it in ages.

Photos:

There are loads on Flicker and a small gallery at the official Soundwave site.

Set list:
(updated and this like the original version was sourced from setlist.fm)

1. Reunited
  2. From Out of Nowhere
  3. Caffeine
  4. Evidence
  5. The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
  6. Chinese Arithmetic/Poker Face
  7. Last Cup of Sorrow
  8. Cuckoo for Caca
  9. Easy
  10. Ashes to Ashes
  11. Midlife Crisis
  12. Surprise! You’re Dead!
  13. King For A Day
  14. I Started a Joke
  15. Epic
  16. Just A Man
  17. Chariots Of Fire/Stripsearch
  18. This Town Ain’t Big Enough for Both of Us
This entry was posted in Faith No More, Tour dates and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Faith No More at Soundwave Brisbane set list and video updated

1. Shawn E Mac says:

TONIGHT!!! An Ode to Faith No more 7:00 pm est 4:00 pm pst. http://www.stickam.com/djshawnymac Interviews, b sides and remixes! Sign up and chat! If you are true FNM fan then you don`t want to miss this!!!

2. applebagz says:

what about ‘just a man’
    sure that was also on the set list.

3. applebagz says:

congrats to FNM for a epic gig at soundwave brizylicious!

what can I say but just frikn awesome!

feel the power!

4. *waiting for the “dangle” pics to come flooding in*

Is it just me or is that another short set-list?

5. Barry Mahoganue says:

Nope. Not just you. That was another short setlist. WTF, FNM? We’ve waited 12 years. Give us 22 songs. And mix in Jizzlobber and Malpractice once in awhile.

6. THIAGO says:

well it’s been pretty much like this throughout the tour…
    festivals = short set
    solo gig = longer set

7. Yes but the Auckland show was a solo gig and it was just as short as a festival one…that said, XChurch was a decent length.

8. Vlad says:

Pretty sure soundwave would have been fined for noise pollution if any bands played past close time so I am guessing thats the reason for the short set. Would have loved a sideshow here in Bristastic

9. Jackhammer says:

Also missing King For A Day (somewhere in the main set).

So many more songs I’d have loved to hear (Jizzlobber, Ricochet etc etc), but I guess the show can only go so long and something has to give!

THanks for a great show boys -glad to have you back.

10. THIAGO says:

Touche! :-)

11. Thiago, the Rock en Seine gig last august lasted almost 2 hours !! Great fuckin’ memories indeed !! And so way Download and Pukkelpop (other festivals in Europe – UK and Belgium actually) ;-)

12. Integra says:

Why don’t FNM ever change the set list?? They have SOOOOOO many other great songs

Its a bit disappointing. I go to see them on wed night with AFI and Gallows and Im predicting it will be the same old set list and a very short show.

13. jane says:

Totally depends on the schedule of each festival, and the bands usually have very little – if any – say in this. If you call yourself fans, and actually believe that Faith No More would deliberately leave you dissatisfied, after deciding to come back together after all this time AND deciding to tour your area – come on..! I guess I could kinda understand the instant disappointment, but seriously. Shame on you.

14. THIAGO says:

Says Roddy Bottum on his Tweeter:

“MB woke me up at 830 wanting me to let the tweeters know: Soundwave allots us 80 minutes for our set. last night we played 79, k? xo.”

15. THIAGO says:

Actually, that is the good reason not to pay $300 to go see them at Coachella.
    I’m spending less money to see all three SF shows that will, for sure, be longer.

16. alien_visionary says:

All I know is that the 3 day event in San Fran is going to be a incredible. II fully expect to hear damn near everything over those 3 days.

All the European/Australian festival dates are just a warmup.

17. alien_visionary says:

All the European/Australian festival dates are just a warmup.

18. applebagz says:

Im content with the bristastic show it was just fantastic!

loved the stripsearch version…..

its never enough tho, FNM have so many A1 tracks, I want more faith!!!!

19. applebagz says:

for those serious fans who want a more tru set list check setlist.fm … peace!

20. Wanderlusting says:

JANE – shame on who? I have two friends, both whom attended the NZ shows. Both were not hardcore fans but both were elated and impressed with the shows.

However, even my “concert newbie” friend noticed the Auckland set was short, as did the New Zealand Herald which had a headline post-show that said “We care a lot – do they?”

She had an awesome time – and that was the point. But I paid for both she and her husband’s tickets as a wedding present. At $200 I hoped they would have played longer. I’ll see them for all they’re worth at the Warfield, but as someone who paid for that non-festival gig, I was hoping that they played for longer than that.

Doesn’t seem fair that XChurch got the longer show but alls well that ends well I guess.

21. cory says:

I got photos of the doodle flashing incident. I saw what looked to be a fly being zipped up, and the camera was pointing to his crotch.

The video camera was in the way, so you be the judge.

PS – I’ve got another few hundred photos to add to Flickr to go with the other 40-odd I already put up tonight.

22. cory says:

Ooh, I got Easy, Midlife Crisis and half of Ashes to Ashes on video from the fence up front. 2 problems, but. Youtube doesn’t like my file format, nor does WinAVI, and my connection is slow for a few more days.

Anybody know a decent video converter I can use in XP?

23. danchez says:

billy gould “Brizzed in his pants” lol

24. Diana says:

I went to Christchurch and the gig was 2 hours…great show, the whole place was jumping. Auckland was cut short because the venue management turned the lights on after the 1st encore. This shorter concert was even better than Christchurch. Really the guys gave tremendous energy ….just fantastic.

I bought tickets through formal channels so I didn’t get ripped off. Wunderlusting. if you want to pay 200 per ticket that’s your prerogative and you know FNM don’t see the profit the scalper made from you.

Jane’s right, shame on you!!

25. Mouse says:

@ cory: twitpic.com/14p0o9

26. SandB says:

Thanks for the picture mouse!