Faith No More confirm that they will tour US

Bill Gould – and subequently Roddy Bottum – has confirmed on Twitter that the band will tour the US though no further details are currently available. Bill’s Tweet: “Tweet THIS: In response to all of our concerned US brethren…YES…we yare now actively planning US dates.” Roddy followed: “reiterating comrade @MRGOULD claim… USA dates will happen. seriously, you thought they might not? cmon…”

This entry was posted in Faith No More and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Faith No More confirm that they will tour US

1. kygermo says:

YESSSS!

2. Baxish102 says:

Hooray, I mean come on Ex FNM fans, really, didja think they wouldn’t??

3. TwistyO says:

Just needed it to be official.

4. Steve says:

Always thought they would… Now it’s a case of how far do I have to travel?

So glad to hear it though!

5. ThePetro says:

I figured they would at least play the major cities.
    If they don’t come to San Diego I plan making trips to LA and SF.

6. Michael Bolger says:

Shall we start taking bets?

I’m thinking that they’ll be kicking off the US tour with Coachella in April 2010 and with possibly a SF warm-up show before then, like Roddy alluded to in a previous tweet. I could see that happening at the Warfield or the Fillmore.

The other big question is if that FNM/Tool US tour is ever going to materialize.

7. robert says:

i’ve got one of those erections they warn about on all those e.d. medication commercials

8. Amanda says:

sooooooooooo beyond happy right now.

9. Jeff says:

AFTER I SEE THEM ONE MORE TIME I WILL BE ABLE TO DIE FULFILLED! UNLESS THERE’S A NEW RECORD IN THE WORKS….

10. Baxish102 says:

No joking, I nonchalantly decided not to see them after Album of The Year came out and I’ve kicked myself since.

11. Jason says:

nice. lets see many roseland and philly shows! No arena’s!

12. kygermo says:

^^ No way FNM will play arenas. Maybe multiple night stands at theaters. And Im with you man, Ill be seeing them in NYC and Philly, and possibly DC.

And yes, Roddy said April for a SF gig so lets assume the tour will be around then.

13. Sara says:

That’s great! I’m really happy for you guys.
    Now, they have to have some US shows in July when I’m planning to come to the USA! Hahaha… Me, the greedy, the selfish. :P

14. Alksyntrs says:

I cross my fingers for the Canadian fans now!

15. EX-EX-FNM FAN says:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! I am once again a FNM fan!!!!! I can’t wait to see them. I will be at all their Cali shows and surrounding areas!!!!! I think I am going to cry.

16. mikeniker says:

yes it’s confirmed. im in columbus, i could travel to cinn, clev, they’ll definitely play nyc

17. NAN says:

See US fans? I knew it would happen. Patience is all you had to have.“All human wisdom is summed up in two words – wait and hope” -Alexandre Dumas. -so true
    I’m quite positive that Canadian dates will be on the list as well, or at least I hope.
    And for all of you who’ve become “Ex-FNM fans” after reading the post on US update (in September): Congratulations! Was it worth? There was absolutely no point about getting angry, disappointed, whatever. Do you really love them for their music? I don’t think so. Because if you did, you wouldn’t act so stupid. This was the reason why I felt bad for that post, because I knew that some “extremely intelligent” people would react hatefully. In the 90s I couldn’t see them live, cause my mother thought it would have caused serious defects and a fracture in mental and physical development, if a teenage girl had been trampled down in the pit.Then they broke up and after 11 years of silence, I still loved their music. And if I couldn’t have the chance to go to their concert this summer, I would still feel the same and listen to their albums.

18. Wes says:

YES! After having happily spent much cash to see Patton/Melvins “Nightmare Before Christmas” last year I’m stoked that they’ll play North America. I live in Vancouver and will travel to the closest US city to see FNM.

19. Gus says:

Thank God almighty the freakshow is coming to town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be there even if Satan himself is driving the bus to the concert.

20. Pete says:

I couldn’t deal with the idea of missing a one-off chance to see FNM again, so I flew over and went to the Leeds Festival in the UK.
    Not a great show, the Brits didn’t seem to know the band well and the set got cut short. I think its good that they’ll be back in full swing before hitting the States. I would hope they’d avoid festivals as you’ll only get a bullshit length set- the band needs way more time to do this tour justice.

21. Nick C says:

I can’t wait!!! I was only 12 when they broke up so I never got to see them live. I can’t believe I will finally get the chance to see them. There’s a whole generation of fans like myself who are lucky to get this news!!!

22. jay says:

What about Canada? I hope they come here as they have never been to the prairies…

GREAT news, but not entirely surprising! I’m hoping for the slim-to-none possibility they play in Hawaii, but I may have to settle for SF…

24. Kailey says:

Hey, Wes… I live in Abbotsford.. wanna carpool? hahah
    I am in the same boat as you: see them where ever they play in the US.
    Maybe, if we’re lucky, they’ll come to Vancouver!

25. King For A Day says:

WOW – i have not seen them since the angel dust tour….yes i am a old skool fan. or just old. i did get a chance to see Mr.Bungle on their last tour @ the world famous Toads Place in New Haven CT. that was killer, to be so close to the man in idolise and worship as a musical GOD. what can’t he do? i will try to see them as many times as i can….i will have to rob a few banks. the economy has killed my busniess. after i get caught i can see them on their second comeback tour. hahahaha.

26. Drizzlobber says:

Yeah the Leeds festival is full of kids that like Paramore and Fall Out Boy and all that lot. you should of gone to Download, that was where it was at!

27. Drizzlobber says:

i wish i could go to the states to see them, but i put myself in serious threat of financial ruin to see them at Download, so i will have to hope they come back to england one day

28. HEETHEMA says: